AL HUSSEIN 2ND RING ROAD KARBALA in IRAQ
The project is located in Iraq at the town of Karbala about 100 km southwest of Baghdad. The scope of the project involves the design of a 10 lanes dual highway and the upgrade of the existing Karbala – Baghdad highway to a 10 lanes dual highway. Brief description of the project:
- 12 km of highway and 48m width Hilla – Karbala.
- 2 service roads 16m width each and 15km long each one, located on both sides of the highway
- Design of 2 major interchanges. (one of them is a three level intersection)
- Design of 2 roundabouts.
- 3 km dual flyover of 48m width along the highway Hilla – Karbala.
- 1 km dual flyover of 48m width along the highway Karbala – Baghdad
- 3 over bridges crossing the Razzaza – Hilla highway
- 2 over bridges crossing the Karbala – Baghdad highway
- 22 rivers, canals and drains crossing the highway of Hilla – Karbala and Karbala – Baghdad accommodated in box culverts and single spans (15m -22m) bridges.
Furthermore the project consist the following works:
- Drainage Design.
- Retaining Walls.
- Pile Design.
- Reinforced Earth.
- Vertical and Horizontal marking.
- Land Acquisition drawings.
- Bill of Quantities takeoff.